One of the best things you can do after a workout is eat a balanced snack that contains protein. For those of you with a sweet tooth, here’s an amazing option. It tastes like fudge to me…definitely hits the spot.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars
1 cup dry oats
6 scoops chocolate whey protein (I used a combination of Muscle Milk and Shakeology. I find some chocolate protein powders to be sweeter than others so using a combination of two brands worked for me. Pick your favorite brand and use that.
1 teaspoon stevia
5 tablespoons all natural peanut butter (My favorite is Trader Joe’s Organic all-natural no-salt peanut butter)
1 cup fat-free greek yogurt (My choice Fage 0% Greek yogurt)
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 tablespoons water (Depending on consistency)
1) Spray baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2) Mix dry ingredients together.
3) Add all additional ingredients except for water into dry mixture and stir until the mixture becomes a doughy consistency.
4) Slowly add water as needed until the dough is easy to spread (The water amount varies based on the type of protein used).
5) Spread the dough evenly into the baking dish and refrigerate for several hours.
6) Cut into squares and bag each individually. Store bars in freezer or refrigerator until ready to eat.